Monday, June 16, 2008

Thoughts of KI Councillor Sam McKay on His Recent Encounter at AOC with Minister Bryant

Saturday June 14, 2008

Good morning people, just coming by to let you know I'm still alive and
kicking. I haven't really felt like updateing since I got out of jail
plus it's been verrry busy. I guess people have been wondering what KI
is up to next. That's just it we've been so busy getting up to speed
on a lot of issues and at the same time planning the next steps for our
ongoing struggle in protecting our land....We know it's not over by any
means...The industry and the government still want the "platinum" from
our territory....Hopefully the gov't shows alittle more respect ( what
am I saying, gov't and respect in the same sentence) in dealing with
us, because it can only get messy if they try to pull another fast one.

Aboriginal Affairs Minister Micheal Bryant got upset with me in Red
Rock FN last week at the Chiefs of ON Assembly....in front of all the
Chiefs at that...he was saying you, meaning KI, refuse to take part in
the "Northern Round Table" and does not want to be part of any "PTO's"
meaning NAN, COO, AFN, etc...in essence he was insinuating that KI is
being unreasonable and slowing down progress in Northwestern Ontario in
regards to resource development.

I only have this to say to that insinuation " I'm sorry (although I
make no apology for it) your Honorable Bryant that KI does not and will
not fit into your "assembly line template" on how your little injuns
should line up and behave."

Any way it's Saturday morning and too damn early to allow my blood
pressure to get up so high on account of Minister Bryant and his
"relationship building with Fisrt Nations".